COVID-19 Update – June 26

  • 27th June 2020
  • Posted by David_Phefley

Dear Blues Family,

At a meeting of the VAFA Board this week, it was decided to “stay the course” as previously set out by AFL Victoria and the Victorian Government health authorities. No formal decisions have been made as to the commencement or cancellation of the 2020 VAFA Season or what format a possible season may take. These decisions will come from a Board meeting on 6 July, or earlier if AFL Victoria and/or Victorian Government guidelines change.

We are currently training in small groups, and based on current advice, we will move to full contact training from 13 July with a possible commencement sometime after 20 July.

Fingers crossed, we will get a season in and be well placed to defend our hard won 2019 premiership.
These are indeed very trying times and for those of you who have been able to contribute through the University’s taxable donations facility, we would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your continued confidence and support.

If you are still considering making a donation, there is time to do so by following the link (please click here) and completing the process before 30 June.

Your support is greatly appreciated.

Tim Rourke