VAFA 125 Year Club Round
In celebration of the Victorian Amateur Football Association’s 125th year anniversary in 2017, VAFA will hold a Club Round on July 1 in recognition of those who have contributed to the success’s of each club since our centenary celebrations in 1992. Uni Blues operates on the hard work and dedication of volunteers for which recognition of their contribution on this weekend is a way of giving back.
The VAFA has encouraged all clubs to bring past and present members together by holding an event this weekend, celebrating each club’s involvement in the Association and the contribution of their members and volunteers over the years.
The nominated persons from Uni Blues have made significant contributions to the ongoing success of the club between 1992-2017 for which VAFA will engrave each recipients’ name on personalised 125-Year medallions to be awarded on the July 1 Club Round.
The Uni Blues nominations for VAFA 125 Year medallions are:
- Joined Blues in 1969;
- Senior Captain in 1974;
- Club President – 11 Years between 1993 and 2008;
- Chris Brown Award (Best Clubman) winner – 1996;
- MUFC President – 1991 to 2001; MUFC Life Member;
- VAFA Certificate of Merit recipient – 1994;
- Coach – 2012 Premier Thirds, 2014 Premier B Reserves;
- Long serving committee member, including VAFA Delegate.
- President – 5 years
- Responsible for establishing Thursday evening player dinners
- Responsible for the foundation and implementation of the annual
Blues Ball fund raiser. (Blues Ball has raised in excess of $500,000)
- Team Manager and Match day official for over 20 years
- Regular donor and contributor to the club
- In excess of 180 Games as a player; 4 years as Captain
- 8 seasons as Coach between 2004 and 2011;
- 2004 Premiership Coach and numerous finals campaigns including 3 Preliminary finals;
- MUFC Life Member;
- Intervarsity Coach for approx. 20 years;
- Long serving committee member and representative of University football;
- Mentor, father figure, cultural attaché.
- Woodrow Medallist – 2004;
- 5 years as Captain including A Grade Premiership in 2004;
- 3 year Coaching tenure including B Grade Premiership in 2014 and 2 x A grade Preliminary Finals;
- Played 161 Games (from 2001-2011, 12yrs of last 25);
- Played 5yrs of VAFA State Football (Vice Captain State VAFA team);
- Assistant Coached State VAFA team;
- Coached VAFA International team;
- Tireless recruiting efforts over the last 17yrs.
- In excess of 100 games as a player;
- Coach, 6 season in 1990s;
- MUFC Life Member;
- Long serving committee member, including President;
- Provided leadership in guiding the club through the 1990’s
- Ongoing support and mentoring to current committee and personnel.