Introducing Uni Blues
Uni Blues Football Club is part of the Melbourne University Football Club that was established in 1859
Some key details about our great club:
- Only the Melbourne and Geelong Football Clubs were formed earlier
- Our club currently plays in the VAFA Premier competition.
- We have competed in the highest VAFA division for 59 of the last 66 years
- In 2014, Uni Blues won both the Senior and Reserves Premiership in the Premier B competition and in
2015 played in the Premier Division Preliminary Final.
- Our home ground is located close to Melbourne CBD within the sensational Melbourne University grounds
- We have a brand new $2.5 million social pavilion and change rooms
Uni Blues is more than just a football club; Blues have extensive social and professional networks throughout many industries that are willing to support you. We have many high profile and successful people associated with our football club.
Our medical team is arguably the best resourced in the VAFA, and the envy of most professional clubs, ensuring that our players receive the best medical care and rehabilitation.
Our senior coach is ex-Fremantle Dockers midfielder James Walker. James is assisted by ex West Coast and North Melbourne forward, Ben McKinley, experienced assistant coaches, Christian Neeson and Adrian Morrissy.
Our Under 19s program participates in the VAFA Under 19 Premier competition which is arguably the strongest under age competition outside of the TAC Cup.
The Blues Under 19s environment helps to develop young footballers both physically and socially within the broader club and assist with their integration into university life, particularly those who are new to the city from country Victoria and beyond. The individual development focuses on both personal and professional development and fosters growth and mentoring with senior players, support staff around the club and the extended Blues Alumni.
If you’re interested in playing quality footy at one of the highest standards available within the Melbourne area with a fantastic bunch of blokes, don’t hesitate to drop us an email or give us a call on the contact details below.
0419 019 077
Under 19s Coach
0412 905 952
0417 358 622 firstname.lastname@example.org
0417 769 996